Appearance: Clear Liquid
Sizes: 1/4-Pint, 1/2-Pint, Pint, Quart, Gallon
For use on PVC and CPVC pipe and fittings
Sets up quickly
Uni-Weld 1200 Series Medium Clear PVC Solvent Cement is recommended for solvent welding all schedules and classes of PVC pipe and fittings up to 6-Inch with interference fit. Medium Clear PVC Solvent Cement can be used for potable water, sewer and drain, waste and vent systems.
This product is compliant with California South Coast Air Quality Management District (SCAQMD) Rule 1168 and Ozone Transport Commission (OTC) regulations for Volatile Organic Compound emission levels. Note: This product is not for use in a system using or being tested by compressed air or gases.
- Do not breathe vapors. Use only in well ventilated area. If forced air ventilation is used, be sure it does not cause a fire hazard from solvent vapors. If adequate ventilation cannot be provided, wear a NIOSH-approved respirator for organic solvents.
- Do not use or store near heat, sparks, or flames. Do not smoke, eat or drink when using. Do not take internally. Vapors may accumulate in low places and may ignite explosively.
- Store and use at temperatures between 40ºF and 110ºF. At temperatures outside of this range, special care must be taken to prepare good joints and prevent exposures to solvents.
- Stir or shake before using; if jelly-like, don’t use. Keep container closed when not in use.
- Avoid eye and skin contact - wear safety glasses with side shields and wear rubber gloves.
- Do not thin.
- This product is not for use with caustic or acidic chemical solutions. Consult manufacturer for more information.
Directions for use: (Read all directions carefully before using this product.)
1. Square pipe ends and remove all burrs and dirt.
2. Check dry fit of pipe and fitting. Pipe should easily go 1/3 of the way into the fitting. If the pipe bottoms, it should be snug.
3. Use a suitable applicator at least 1/2 the size of the pipe diameter. For larger size pipe systems use a natural bristle brush or roller.
4. Clean pipe and fitting with a listed primer.
5. Apply liberal coat of cement to pipe to the depth of the socket; leave no uncoated surface.
6. Apply a thin coat of cement to inside of fitting; avoid puddling of cement. Puddling can cause weakening and premature failure of pipe or fitting. Apply a second coat of cement to the pipe.
7. Assemble parts QUICKLY. Cement must be fluid. If cement surface has dried, recoat both parts.
8. Push pipe FULLY into fitting using a 1/4 turning motion until pipe bottoms.
9. Hold pipe and fitting together for 30 seconds to prevent pipe push-out – longer at low temperatures. Wipe off excess.
10. Allow 15 minutes for good handling strength and 2 hours cure time at temperatures above 60ºF before hydrostatic pressure testing up to 180 psi. Longer cure times may be required at temperatures below 60ºF or with pipe diameters over 3”. DO NOT TEST WITH AIR.
Industries: Commercial plumbing, drainage, fluid handling, fountain, graywater harvesting, industrial & scientific, irrigation, lawn & garden, pond, pool, ranch, residential plumbing, spa, sprinkler, rainwater harvesting, water tank
- Medium-bodied clear cement for use on all schedules and classes of PVC pipe and fittings up to 6-Inch diameter with interference fit.
- Lo-V.O.C. Solvent Cement meets California South Coast Air Quality Management District (SCAQMD) 1168/316A or BAAQMD Method 40 and various environmental requirements.
- Recommended for potable water, pressure pipe and DWV.
- Recommended application temperature 40°F to 110°F / 4°C to 43°C.
- Meets ASTM D2564.
WARNING: This product can expose you to one or more chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- Additional Information
- Product Specs