Emerald 34 Specifications:
- Dimensions: 34″ long x 15″ wide x 15″ high
- Skimmer Section: 10″ x 14″
- Center/Refugium Section: 10.25″ x 14.5″
- Return Pump Section: 6″ x 14.5″
- Total Water Volume: 31 gallons
- Skimmer Water Level: 7″ to 9.5″ adjustable
- Drain Input Fittings: 2
- Filter Socks: 2
EMERALD Water Flow
Water enters the Emerald sumps into a dedicated section where the water will then flow over into Section 1. Section 1 where the interchangeable plate is located allowing for either filter sock or foam block mechanical filtration. This area is covered with a lid to prevent water splashing. Water then flows out the bottom of Section 1 into section 2.
Section 2 is typically where the protein skimmer is located. Water then flows throught the "Trigger Symbol" cutout into Section 3. Section 3 is the refugium section. the water then flows over teh second baffle through 2 perforated platforms and under the third baffle into Section 3. The top perforated platform comes with a foam block filter and the bottom one is open to use for several different filtration methods (bags of carbon, bio balls, rubble rock, etc.).
Section 4 is the return water section back into the tank. This is where the return pump will sit.
Interchangeable Plates (Patent Pending)
Each Emerald sump comes with two plates that can be placed into Section 1:
- Filter Sock Plate with 100 micron filter socks
- Foam Block Distribution Plate with foam block
The Filter Sock Plate can be installed with filter socks.
The Foam Block Distribution Plate is perforated with holes and can be used when filter socks are not desired or in the case when the filter socks need to be changed or cleaned but replacement socks are not readily available and you want to maintain some level of mechanical filtration. In this case, simply remove the Filter Sock Plate and install the Foam Block Distribution Plate with the foam block on top as shown in the lower picture to the right.
The Foam Block Distribution Plate may also be used on top of the Filter Sock Plate with filter socks installed. This will help to distribution the water more evenly across all socks so that the filter socks will last longer before clogging. This also helps to silence the water noise by slowing down and spreading the water more evenly across the surface area of all of the socks. The foam block filter can be placed on top of the Foam Block Distribution Plate as shown below to enhance even further the silencing and distribution of water and also allow even longer times before the socks become clogged by providing a pre-filter before the socks.
Adjustable Water Level
Water level in the sump is adjustable from 7" to 9.5" to accommodate for the water height requirements for different protein skimmers.
Self Adjusting Foam Block (Patent Pending)
As the water level is adjusted by sliding the wall up and down, the foam block sponge filter and the perforated plate that it sits on will also move up and down automatically. This is important to maintain the correct location of the foam block sponge filter with respect to the sump water height. Not available on the EMERALD20C.
All Emerald sumps come with a probe holder that can hold up to three probes. The two outside holes are 0.63” in diameter and the center hole is 0.8” in diameter to fit different sized probes.
All Emerald sumps also come with 4 holes in the top support brace for holding in place 1/4” OD tubing from reactors, dosing pumps, ATO, etc.
Laser Water Level
Subtle water level markings are laser engraved on the inside wall to help when setting the adjustable wall to the desired water level.
- Additional Information
- Product Specs
Manufacturer Trigger Systems
- Good all around sump. I have a BioTek Marine sump and just ordered on of these for a new system. The BioTek Tek series has all the bells and whistles but the quality of this one is good enough for my other setup.
- Amazing sump!! Great build quality bedy happy. The only issue was the probe holder does not have screws to secure your probes in tight. I don't want to put the doors on my stand and want to show it off. Used green PVC pipe and fittings from here too to make it look even better. Also used black spa flex. I didn't not used the drain fittings that came with it. One of the acrylic brackets came off but I solvent it back on.