Red Sea offers a premium sea salt mixture based on natural sea salt harvested from the waters of the exotic Red Sea by solar evaporation techniques. Red Sea Salt is enriched with other refined minerals to faithfully replicate natural seawater for your aquarium.
Used for over 10 years by hobbyists and professionals alike, Red Sea Salt has become famous for its favorable effect on invertebrates. Red Sea Salt is the only salt formulation offered today that is derived principally from a living sea.
Special Characteristics of Red Sea Salt:
- A single, chemically balanced formula to support the most delicate marine life Suitable for marine fish and invertebrates from every sea and ocean Reaches a stable, natural pH shortly after mixing No nitrates or phosphates
- Produced by a small batch process to ensure homogeneity of salt mixture
- Every batch is biologically and chemically tested for quality control
- Suitable for a small water change or a complete new aquarium set-up
- Can be mixed to any desired salinity 1.4 lb dissolved in 5 gal of Reverse Osmosis (R.O.) water at 750F (1Kg dissolved in 30 liters at 250C)
will produce a seawater solution as follows:
- Specific gravity 1.021 pH 8.4 (after 2 hrs mixing or aerating)
- Alkalinity 2.2-2.5 milliequivalents/litter.
- One level cup of salt produces exactly 3.75 US gallons of seawater solution at a specific gravity of 1.021.
- Product Specs
Manufacturer Red Sea