NextReef SMR1 XL Solid Media Reactor - Holds up to 1 Liter of NP Biopellets.
- Reccomended flow rate: 350 GPH
- 5/8" input/output with hose barb fittings and sump mounting bracket.
Developed in conjunction with Aquarium Specialty, the US Distributor of NP BioPellets and NextReef. The SMR1 is the first media/substrate reactor specifically designed for long term use of larger media.
Evolved from the MR1 Media/Substrate Reactors, the NextReef SMR1 fills a specialized role while retaining the quality and ease of use you'd expect from a NextReef reactor.
Two sizes are available:
- SMR1 is 16" tall overall with a 14" reaction chamber.
- SMR1 XL is 23" overall with a 21" reaction chamber.
The NextReef SMR1 is based on the standard MR1 media/substrate reactors, but with some significant changes...
Cast blue acrylic for the main body. Made specially for us, it's both thicker and stronger than standard acrylic tubing. The translucent blue color also serves an important purpose - it keeps out light to reduce algae and opimize beneficial bacterial growth. They're great in lighted sumps, or anywhere light exposure is a concern.
Modified internal plenum assembly. The original design works great with sponges and small media - the SMR1 eliminates the sponges to reduce maintenance. Since BioPellets and Zeolithic media are designed for long term use, reducing maintainence fosters system stability.
Higher flow rates and reduced head pressure. The SMR1 comes set up to use larger fittings than our original reactors, so it flows more water with less restriction. The NextReef SMR1 flows enough water to easily fluidize larger media.
- The SMR1 features plenums laser-cut from 3/16" acrylic.
- They're thick, they're heavy, they're strong and they flow is also great.
- Every NextReef Reactor is hand-crafted in the USA from the highest quality materials, and CAD engineered / CNC cut for a precise fit.
- Product Specs