- EASY SELF PRIMING
Integrated automatic self-priming for quick and easy filling of the canister filter
- SUPER SECURE LOCKING CLIPS WITH SAFETY HANDLES
4 heavy duty super locking clips for tight closure of the pump head onto the canister
Integrated safety handle prevents accidental opening while carrying
- QUICK RELEASE HOSE ADAPTER
Easy to use quick release two stage hose adapter, Only disconnects once flow control level is placed in the off position.
- HIGH PERFORMANCE CERAMICS
- Where precision is paramount, high tech ceramic material is the instrument of choice. Only EHEIM;s shaft and bearing sleeves are made of space age high performance ceramic. Ultra quiet, resistant to heat, abrasion, chemical and biological substances as well as an extremely long service life
- NEW PRE-FILTER DESIGN
- The new convenient pre-filter with easy access just under the pump head traps dirt at the top of the filter, making regular maintenance easier. Significantly extends intervals between biological media cleaning. Simply rinse pre-filter pad (blue) and change the fine filter pad (white); the biomedia in the media baskets remains undisturbed
HOW IT WORKS: High Capacity Multi-Stage Filtration
Aquarium water enters the filter through the intake tube and then flows downwards to the new pre-filter tray. Reversing direction, water then flows up through the first stage prefilter foam; trapping the majority of the large debris at the top.
Stage 1:Mechanical Pre-Filter
- Easy Access just under pump head at top design
- Traps mechanical debris making regular maintenance easier
- Significantly extends the time between cleaning intervals of biological filter media
- Simply rinse pre filter and change final stage filter pad when needed
- Bio-media in lower baskets remain undisturbed
The water is then pulled down an internal tube to the bottom of the canister where it is dispersed and is suctioned up through the second stage multi-purpose media baskets, at which point it passes through, with the typical EHEIM set up, the biological layer or media EHEIM Substrat pro. This media contains thousands of square feet or nitrifying bacteria which biologically breaks down aquarium toxins.
Stage 2: Multi-Purpose Media Baskets – Biological, Chemical or Mechanical
- For most aquatic environments
- Media baskets containing high efficiency biological media, provide the healthiest, clearest aquarium water.
- With regular maintenance of pre-filter and fine white filter pad, this setup lets you go up to one year without having to maintain your biological media baskets.
- Multi-purpose media baskets permit customization of your filtration setup. This is ideal for the serious aquarist.
In the third stage, water is pulled through the fine white filter pad, performing the final water polishing by trapping the finest dirt particles. The clean filtered water then flows back out into the aquarium.
Stage 3: Final Water Polishing Filtration
- Traps even the finest particles before allowing the clean water to flow back into the aquarium.
Model # # 2071 2073 2075 Series # UltraG65 UltraG90 UltraG160 Aq. size up to US gal 65 90 160 Pump output approx US gal/h 250 275 330 Del. head approx Hmax ft 4'10" 5'9" 5'9" Power consumption W 12 16 16 Canister Volume US gal 1.6 1.9 2.4 Filter volume approx US gal .92+0.1 1.2+.01 1.6+.01 Dimensions HxWxD in 14.1x9.3x9.6 15.7x9.3x9.6 17.8x9.3x9.6
*** The 2080 is rated for aquariums up to 320 U.S. Gallons.
WHAT'S IN THE BOX?
Your EHEIM Professionel 3 canister filter comes complete with free filter media, all fittings and easy start guide!
Why is the EHEIM Pro 3 Ultra G series the right filter for me?
- The EHEIM Pro 3 Ultra G series are the leading high-end canister filters on the market. They combine the "ease of use" of the EHEIM ecco pro canister filter's self-priming feature with the "work horse durability" of the EHEIM classic canister filter. These features ensure long term efficiency and intervals between maintenance.
- The new pre-filter design with easy acces just under the pump head traps dirt at the top of the filter, making regular maintenance easier. It also significantly extends intervals between biological media cleaning. Simply rinse the pre-filter and change the fine filter pad, and leave the biomedia in the bottom baskets undisturbed, thereby extending the life of the filter.
- In terms of overall energy efficiency, the EHEIM Pro 3 Ultra G series is the Ultra Green Choice. It is an enerfy efficient alternative when compared to other like canister filter models in its class. The Ultra G is 20-75% more energy efficient. It also saves you money and reduces waste. The life expectancy of an EHEIM Pro 3 Ultra G canister filter is typically between 10-15 years, easily outlasting other brands.
- EASY SELF PRIMING
- Additional Information
- Product Specs