The MP10WES uses award-winning technology to let you take full control of the flow. With all the electrical components outside the aquarium and a variety of easy-to-program modes on the EcoSmart Driver, the VorTech is the safest, most versatile pump on the market.
- New Standards for Flow The VorTech line features low-profile, broad flow pumps for aquariums ranging from 2.5 gallons to 1,000+ gallons (9.5 to 3,800+ liters) . Every product from EcoTech Marine is backed by our industry-leading customer service.
- Watch Your Reef, Not Your Pump The VorTech is beautiful in its simplicity. The motor is outside of the aquarium, meaning the VorTech may be positioned where it is least visible.
- Eco-friendly External motor mounting means less heat in the water, reducing the need for cooling, and the advanced brushless motor design reduces electricity consumption.
- Completely Safe No electrical components ever touch the water.
- Versatile Flow Rates Adjustable flow rates provide more control for your unique ecosystem.
- Healthy Undertow A natural undertow is created along the sand bed, leading to a healthier ecosystem.
- Quick Cleanup Wet-side cleaning is a breeze.
Pump runs continuously at a constant speed which can be set by the user.
EcoSmart Nutrient Transport Mode (NTM)
A two phase program to promote maximum health and nutrient export, as well as increased growth for corals. Alternates between a resonant standing wave and a surge effect to stir up and export nutrients.
EcoSmart Tidal Swell Mode (TSM)
Creates a harmonic balance in your aquarium reminiscent of the changing flow conditions that would be found in nature. Flow varies from left to right, right to left, calm, and ends with a great surge.
Reef Crest Random Mode
Reef Crest Random Mode simulates the high-energy conditions of a natural reef crest environment.
Lagoonal Random Mode
Simulates the gentler reef zone found in a natural lagoon.
Short Pulse Mode
Allows for wave pulse timings between 0.3 and two seconds, enabling the creation of FAST alternating flow throughout the tank. Use this mode to create a resonant standing wave.
Long Pulse Mode
Allows for wave pulse timings of between 2 seconds and 60 seconds, enabling the creation of slow alternating flow throughout the tank.
Slows down pump to allow user to feed aquarium. User can select the duration and speed for Feed Mode.
Automatically reduce speed and operates continuously at that speed for a period of time during the night. User can select the duration and speed for Night Mode.
Battery Backup Mode
When used with our battery backup accessory, the VorTech pump will switch to Battery Backup Mode in the event of a power outage and will operate at a user set speed. The LED’s on your EcoSmart driver will count down to indicate how much power is available within the battery.
LED’s are turned off and display knob dimmed significantly, but pump functions in its current mode. User can program how long after use before the driver enters Auto-Dim.
Tap the on/off switch to turn off and turn on a pump. Hold this button to turn off all pumps in a master/slave group. Tap any pump in the groups’ on/off switch and that pump will turn back on.
Flow: 200 to 1575 gph
Wattage: 8 to 18 watts
Maximum Tank Thickness: 3/8"
Appropriate Tank Size Range: 2.5 to 50 gal
Dimensions: Wet Side- 2.5" diameter by 1.5" long, Dry Side – 2.5" diameter by 2" long
Clearance Needed Behind Aquarium: 2.25"
In an aquarium, having the right amount of flow is crucial to the health of the ecosystem. Choosing the correct water circulation equipment has never been easier.
With the VorTech Recommended Flow Calculator simply enter your tank dimensions to see maximum and minimum required flow levels. Add and remove power heads to determine what selection of VorTechs will most exactly meet those needs.
Click here and get a specific VorTech equipment recommendation for your tank
Dry-Side: 2.50 x 2 inches (63.5 x 50.8 mm)
Wet-Side: 2.50 x 1.5 inches (63.5 x 38.1 mm)
Flow Range: 200-1,500 gallons (750 – 6,000+ Liters) per hour
Max Tank Thickness: 0.375 inches (9.5 mm)
Tank Size Range: 2.5-50+ gallons (9.5 – 190 liters)
Clearance Needed Behind Tank: 2.25 inches (57 mm)
Wattage: 8-18 Watts
- Additional Information
- Product Specs
Manufacturer Ecotech Marine