The media’s composition is similar to natural rock formations. MarinePure provides approximately 150,000 sq. Ft per cu. Ft (510 m2/L) of accessible surface area. MarinePure Biofilter Media creates a stable home for a dense population of beneficial bacteria that remove ammonia and nitrites from your aquarium. Some systems will also see a decrease in nitrates. MarinePure Biofilter Media will work in sumps, trickle filters, wet/dry filters, hang on the back filters or directly in the tank.
- 100% Tank Tested and commonly used in commercial aquarium applications
- Most technically advanced bio-filtration substrate
- High usable surface area for beneficial bacteria growth
- Open porosity - maximum bacteria exposure to contaminates and promotes excellent water circulation and less clogging
- Specifically designed to target ammonia and nitrite removal and minimizes nitrates
- Inert and chemically stable
- Greater than 80% open porosity
- Provides consistent water chemistry
- Reduces tank maintenance
- Able to support large fish loads
- Can be cleaned, reused and sterilized for years
1½” Marinepure Sphere: 240 sq ft
8"x8"x1” Marinepure Block: 5,750 sq ft
8"x8"x4”Marinepure Block: 23,000 sq ft
Marine Pure Spheres are small, spherical filtration media for use in canister and similar filtration systems. Perfect replacement for bioballs. They are available in 1½” diameters.
• over 100 times the surface area per cubic inch than any other biomedia such as bioballs
• Stays wet during power outages or pump failure which will keep your nitrating bacteria alive
• Perfect area for copepods and amphipods to thrive and reproduce
• Wet-dry filters
Blocks & Plates
MarinePure is also available as 9”x9”x1” Plates or 9”x9”x4” Blocks.
• Add to existing tank set ups for additional filtration, simply set the block down in your sump
• Place under gravel bed for new tank set up
• Wet-dry filters
• Blocks are ideally suited for large setups
Cermedia recommends using a least 1 quart of Spheres to eliminate ammonia and nitrate from marine aquariums. The spheres will also reduce nitrate but we recommend using the 4 x 4 x 8 blocks to further reduce nitrate.
- 1 Qt. per 100 gallons of aquarium water
Cermedia 4x4x8 Blocks:
- 1 Block - Up to 100 gallons of aquarium water
- 2 Blocks - Up to 250 gallons of aquarium water
- 3 Blocks - Up to 500 gallons of aquarium water
- Additional Information
- Product Specs
- Using it on my FOWLR tank and reef.