SUPER ACTINIC REEF SPECTRUM
Customers tell us the carefully calibrated, rich blue and UV light emitted by this fixture reveals colors on their corals they had never seen before...
Add this dimmable LED fixture to your aquarium and soak your corals in rich, growth-promoting actinic light. When it is the only light on in a reef aquarium, you will see an amazing assortment of fluorescent colors throughout your aquarium. Most reef LED fixtures do not contain wavelengths below 450nm, even though this is a critical absorption region for the coral’s symbiotic algae. 33% of the LEDs in the Super Actinic Reef spectrum target this critical portion of the useable spectrum. The Super Actinic Reef spectrum is designed to be used in combination with a second fixture that emits a broader spectrum of light (such as our 12000K Reef spectrum or the 14000K Reef spectrum). During the day the combination of actinic and the broader spectrum light will meet the photosynthetic requirements of your corals and allow you to enjoy the color of your fish and the natural colors on your corals. This spectrum is commonly used to create a “sunrise” and “sunset” effect in the aquarium. This is also our most popular spectrum for frag and coral display tanks in retail applications.
Recommended for: Reef keepers who want a stunning blue light that produces maximize coral fluorescence
- Custom selection of LEDs provides a full light spectrum necessary to maintain a successful reef aquarium with beautiful color rendition.
- Contains key wavelengths missing from most reef LED fixtures
- High PAR levels provide the light needed by Zooxanthellae algae which produce the food needed by hard and soft corals for maximum coloration and growth.
- U.S. made, industrial quality, fan-free LED fixture.
- Top quality LEDs protected by heavy spray-proof aluminum case and tough, easy to clean polycarbonate cover.
- Even, edge-to-edge light with no hot spots and no disco effect.
- Dimmable from 100% to 10% when used with our manual dimmer or controller. Compatible with these controllers: Apex, Reef Keeper Lite and Reef Angel.
- High PAR levels with immediate power savings compared to T5’s and Metal Halide.
- 50,000 hour projected life.
- Has the approximate color temperature of a 14000K Metal Halide bulb.
Note: For single fixture tanks, a 90° wide beam angle is recommended for tank mounting or “rim mounting” to ensure even distribution of the light
- Additional Information
- Product Specs