The efficient alternative to supplemental purple T5HO lamps...
This fixture produces a striking supplemental purple light that is designed for use with a full spectrum fixture (such as our 12000K Reef spectrum or the 14000K Reef spectrum). Beyond adding a purple hue to your reef tank, the Purple Wave is designed to accentuate and intensify the naturally occurring reds, oranges and yellows in your corals while causing them to fluoresce for added viewing enjoyment. It also contributes high PAR levels for photosynthesis in a reef aquarium, which increases the growth of your corals. Add this dimmable fixture to your aquarium and soak your corals in rich purple light.
Recommended for: Reef keepers who love the look of the purple T5HO reef lights.
- Custom selection of LEDs provides a full light spectrum necessary to maintain a successful reef aquarium with beautiful color rendition.
- Contains key wavelengths missing from most reef LED fixtures
- High PAR levels provide the light needed by Zooxanthellae algae which produce the food needed by hard and soft corals for maximum coloration and growth.
- U.S. made, industrial quality, fan-free LED fixture.
- Top quality LEDs protected by heavy spray-proof aluminum case and tough, easy to clean polycarbonate cover.
- Even, edge-to-edge light with no hot spots and no disco effect.
- Dimmable from 100% to 10% when used with our manual dimmer or controller. Compatible with these controllers: Apex, Reef Keeper Lite and Reef Angel.
- High PAR levels with immediate power savings compared to T5’s and Metal Halide.
- 50,000 hour projected life.
- Has the approximate color temperature of a 14000K Metal Halide bulb.
Note: For single fixture tanks, a 90° wide beam angle is recommended for tank mounting or “rim mounting” to ensure even distribution of the light.
- Product Specs